Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I designed this after my stuffed pepper soup recipe. I needed something to use up some hamburger in the freezer, and some instant rice. This is very easy, and I was pleasantly surprised everyone who ate it had seconds.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (14 ounce) package , frozen pepper and onion stirfry mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheese (i prefer colby and monteray jack cheese mix)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- brown hamburger, and drain.
- mix everything together except cheese in a greased casserole dish.
- top with cheese., cover with foil.
- bake 30 minutes, remove foil bake additional 15 minutes to brown cheese.
very good and easy; I added a rib of celery I happen to have; a keeper;