Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a an easy recipe but big on taste! Servings is only estimated depending on the size of your mushrooms, this complete recipe may be doubled.
- 1 lb large-size fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup bread or 1⁄3 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste, or use fresh garlic)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (can use more)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a shallow baking dish.
- Clean mushrooms with a brush (do not use water to clean the mushrooms).
- Gently twist off stems, setting mushroom caps aside.
- Finely chop stems, very small.
- In a bowl mix crumbs with the chopped stems, melted butter, Parmesan, salt (I use seasoned salt), black pepper and garlic powder.
- Fill caps with crumb mixture.
- Top with grated mozza cheese (at this point, the mushrooms may be refrigerated then baked at a later time).
- Set caps on buttered baking dish.
- Bake for about 7-8 mins, or until cheese is melted, and mushrooms are hot.
Loved this. It never made it to company because I at it all myself :D Had more filling than mushrooms, but the filling froze very well, and was just as good later!
Delcious! This was so easy and quick to put together, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it! I halved the recipe, but won't next time. I cooked about 12 minutes. Thanks Kitten!