Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Submitted by: Georjann Rovenstine,TOPS® AZ#498, Cave Creek. Made especially for my Aunt Carol who has (IC)Interstitial Cystitis.
- 2 lbs fresh large mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs, bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Set caps aside and arrange in two, 9x13 baking dish.
- Finely chop stems, discarding any hard parts. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, add minced garlic, and the stems.
- Saute till tender. Put this mixture in a bowl, add the cream cheese, oregano, basil, salt cheese and Panko (bread crumbs). Mix together.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or till lightly browned.