Recipe by jellie
Fast, easy stuffed zucchini. I make this in the summer when the zucchini are fresh and abundant. It makes a great light meal with some fresh bread to mop up the sauce, or as a side dish. This recipe is easily doubled!
Top Review by mums the word
Very yummy, loved it! The zucchini I used were not very large which I kind of liked because I could easily cut them in half for a single serving. My daughter went crazy for this and she is not a huge zucchini fan. Made exactly as written and I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for this great recipe.
- 1 zucchini, scrubbed (the bigger the better!)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce or 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon oregano, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon basil, to taste
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off knobby ends and cook zucchini, whole, in boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- Cut in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out insides with a spoon.
- Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes; add tomato sauce and heat through.
- Stir in breadcrumbs.
- Mix spices and stir into sauce mixture.
- Add zucchini pulp.
- Fill zucchini shells with mixture, top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool before serving; eat with knife and fork.
- The skin of the zucchini is the most nutritious part!
- Don't be afraid to eat the whole thing!