1/5 Photos of Easy Stuffed Cabbage Soup
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe adapted to help me stick to a 'good' carb eating program for weight loss. The whole family loves it! Very easy to make too! Note: You can substitute canned beef broth for the 'beef base' if you want. I also recommend the low-sodium kind. Also, once the rice is cooked through, if it looks like more water is needed, go ahead and add it to your liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 cups water
- 6 teaspoons beef base (or beef bullion cubes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 4 cups cabbage, sliced very thinly, like angel hair coleslaw
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1Brown ground beef in skillet, drain and place in soup pot.
- 2Add water, beef base (or cubes), dried onion and canned tomatoes.
- 3Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes.
- 4Add cabbage, zucchini and brown rice.
- 5Turn down heat to low, place a lid on soup pot and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Stuffed Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 232.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 17.2 g