Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick and Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 lbs ground beef (approximately 2- 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion (1/2 -1 onion is fine)
- 1 cup uncooked rice (I used white rice)
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water (from used soup can)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic, to taste
- Cut and clean 3 bell peppers length wise from stem to butt. Remove seeds and stem and set aside.
- Mix ground beef, onion, rice, and 1 can of tomato in large glass bowl. Season as desired with salt, pepper, garlic, etc --.
- Pour 1 can of tomato soup into a deep baking pan and add 1 can of water. Mix together.
- Fill each pepper 1/2 with ground beef until all the peppers are full and meat mixture is gone. Place each stuffed pepper into pan. Use 1 can of tomato soup to top each pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 450 degrees for approximately 1 hour or until peppers are soft.
- ****You can also add cheese or other toppings to the top of the peppers. In addition, if you don't have rice you can use Ritz crackers. Some people like to add an egg to the meat mixture to help the meat stick together. I like to serve these with a side or rice or mashed potatoes. They are even good with noodles. Quick, easy, and very yummy!