Recipe by Pink Penguin
Very quick and easy veggi meal and be a store cupboard fall back. If you have left over rice from a previous meal this would be a good way to use it up.
- 4 red peppers
- 500 g pre cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 200 g pitted black olives, chopped
- 200 g goat cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a small knife to cut the top out of the peppers, then scoop out the seeds. Sit the peppers on a plate, cut side up and cook in a microwave on high for 5-6 mins until they have wilted and softened.
- While the pepers are cooking, mix the rice together with the pesto and olives and two thirds of cheese. Scoop the rice into the peppers, top with the remaining goats cheese and microwave for another 8-10 mins until the rice is piping hot. You can finish off under the grill if you like the cargrilled finish.