Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in one of those small books that you pick up in the supermarket check-out line. I tried it, and we loved it. You can substitute, or omit the ingredients to suit your tastes.
- 1 (11 ounce) canrefrigerated French bread dough
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 2 ounces thinly sliced genoa salami
- 5 ounces packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease large baking sheet; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Set aside.
- Unroll French bread loaf on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into two 12x6-inch rectangles.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over both rectangles.
- Top each rectangle with ham, salami, spinach, cheese and olives.
- Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll fashion, starting at one long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Place onto prepared baking sheet, seam-side down.
- Cut 5 diagonal slices across top of each roll.
- Combine egg and water in small bowl.
- Brush tops of each roll.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and thoroughly heated.
- Heat marinara sauce in a saucepan until warm (2 to 3 minutes).
- Cut each roll into slices.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce.