Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When you get tired of pizza, here is a different little trick to make something with your crust.
- 1 can prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄3 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unroll the dough and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press with your fingertips into a 12x8-inch rectangle.
- Spread the sauce on the dough, leaving a 2-inch margin legthwise, and a 1/2-inch margin on the sides.
- Place toppings in center third, fold sides over to meet in the middle and pinch to form a seal.
- Bake in the preheated 400F oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice and serve.
What a truly easy and delicious meal! It BARELY made 4 servings for us, and the kids are 3 and 6! I used spaghetti sauce instead of pizza sauce, because that is what I had on hand. It was a chunky variety, so it already had bell peppers, as well as oregano, in it! I added turkey pepperoni with the ham. It turned out perfectly! This will become one of our regulars...and I might even try sending some to school in my first graders lunch! Thanks for posting!
I served this with pizza sauce on the side for dipping. Definitely a recipe you can tailor to individual tastes - ie use pepperoni, ground meat, veggies, different cheeses, etc.
I am giving this one 10 stars!!! I usually dont like using alot of pre packaged things in a recipe, but this was wonderful. I used just a light layer of pizza sauce. I used turkey ham, provolone cheese and peppered corn beef. It was great. Thanks for this recipe.