Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great one dish meal. I like using ground turkey in place of the beef. Very rich and filling.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 can biscuit
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown meat and drain grease.
- In ungreased casserole dish, combine meat, mushrooms, and all but 1/2 cup of onion rings.
- Stir well.
- Add milk, 1/2 of the sour cream, and soup.
- Cut each biscuit in half and arrange over top of casserole.
- Spread the remaining onions over top of casserole.
- For the topping: mix the remaining 1/2 cup sour cream, egg, and celery salt.
- Stir well and pour batter over top of biscuits.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
This is simple and my husband really liked it!
For quick meal preparation, I cook up hamburger with onions and greenpepper ahead of time and freeze into meal size portions, so I had onions and peppers in my stroganoff. I added some beef boullion sprinkles into the soup mixture. I didn't have celery salt so I used celery seed and added regular salt into the topping. It was quite tasty, but both my husband and I thought the french fried onions added too strong of a taste. I think that without the french fried onions it could become a regular favorite for my family.