Recipe by ellie_
Super easy with only 4 ingredients which I almost always have on hand. This is great over egg noodles. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 1981)
Top Review by Annacia
Easy is the key word here. Four ingredients, mix them up and pop it into the oven. How much easier can you get? I had to add a bit of water about 1/2 way through but I ended up with a very nice dish. There was good gravy for the noodles and the meat (I used top round) came out easy to eat if not butter tender. This is a great week night or weekend meal meal.
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) flank steaks
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- Cut flank steak into thirds and then crosswise int 1/4-inch slices.
- In a casserole dish combine steak, onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup. Cover.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Stir some of the sauce into the sour cream, then blend back into the meat mixture with the remainder of the sour cream.
- Serve over noodles.