Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Super easy with only 4 ingredients which I almost always have on hand. This is great over egg noodles. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 1981)
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) flank steaks
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- Cut flank steak into thirds and then crosswise int 1/4-inch slices.
- In a casserole dish combine steak, onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup. Cover.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Stir some of the sauce into the sour cream, then blend back into the meat mixture with the remainder of the sour cream.
- Serve over noodles.
Easy is the key word here. Four ingredients, mix them up and pop it into the oven. How much easier can you get? I had to add a bit of water about 1/2 way through but I ended up with a very nice dish. There was good gravy for the noodles and the meat (I used top round) came out easy to eat if not butter tender. This is a great week night or weekend meal meal.