Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a simple recipe for anyone to make. The kids or grandkids will love helping to make this quick coffee cake!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine egg, milk, and oil.
- Add flour mixture to egg mix.
- and mix well.
- Pour into 9 inch greased pan.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- bake for about 25 minutes.
This is a great recipe. It's simple and a total hit with my husband...... but it takes double the time to bake than stated in the recipe. Also I have to cover the top with foil. If I don't the topping is hard as a rock. But all in all it's yummy!!
I love the streusel to this cake while the cake itself is light and fluffy and sweet on it's own the streusel bakes to a crunchy sweet topping and it's really delicious. This was made for PAC Fall 2009. Thanks for sharing!
This seems to be really good! I've just finished baking 2 batches of this recipe.. and it smells delicious all over the house... I bet the neighbors would be craving! LOL. Well I'll update once we taste them. One is for my FIL, for fathers day.. he loves coffee so what better than a coffee cake for the morning right? will see.. Ohh and I agree with Susie, what i liked most was i have everything on hand! Thanks Nicoleg!