Easy Streamlined White Bread (No Kneading)
- Using a large mixer bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add shortening, salt, sugar and half the flour.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add remaining flour and blend until smooth.
- Scrape batter off sides of bowl and cover with a cloth.
- Rise in warm place for 30 minutes, then beat 25 strokes by hand and spread evenly in a greased loaf pan.
- Smooth top with floured hand and let rise again until 1/4" from top of pan (about 40 minutes).
- Bake in preheated 375° oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until brown.