Recipe by pillsbury12
This is an easy, delicious and light dessert. Great at the end of any meal, just make sure you have enough on hand.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this for a small group which included several people with nut allergies, so I did leave out the optional walnuts! Other than that, though, the recipe was followed & we had a delightful, satisfyingly light dessert, thanks to you! Really appreciated the easy of preparation & it looks so great . . . & IT IS! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla wafer, coarsely crushed
- 1 angel food cake, cut up into bite size pieces
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pie filling
- 1 cup skim milk
- 12 ounces light whipped topping
- 1 -2 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely crushed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pudding/pie filling with milk and beat until its dissolved. Let stand a couple of minutes so it will stiffen a bit.
- Add Whipped Topping and whisk in until completely blended.
- Place half the crushed wafers in the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Place some of the pudding mixture on top of wafers and carefully spread.
- Layer cake pieces on top of mixture followed by layer of strawberries.
- Repeat and if you have any pudding mixture left dollop on top of berries.
- Top with walnuts, optional.