Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A friend brought this to a pot luck and I had to try them myself. So easy, but they make such an impact. What a great way to enjoy fresh strawberries! You can also make a strawberry pie - just substitute a pie shell instead of the tart shells.
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (85 g) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 5 cups fresh strawberries
- 24 tart shells, baked according to package directions
- whipped cream (optional)
- Boil together corn starch, salt, and water until clear, stirring constantly.
- Add Jello; cool the mixture while you wash and slice strawberries into quarters (use halves if you're making one large pie).
- Pile strawberries into tart shells; carefully top strawberries with jello mix. Try to cover the strawberries without having jello oozing off the tart shell. This can be a delicate procedure!
- Cool until jello sets; serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.