Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fresh sliced strawberries on a cream filled Twinkie. This is so easy, but oh so good.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 -6 Hostess Twinkies, I use the generic ones
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle chocolate (Magic Shell)
- Clean and mash strawberries. Add sugar and water let set for about 1 hour to make juice on berries.
- When ready to serve, place a Twinkie in a dessert bowl and top with some of the strawberry mixture.
- Top with Cool Whip.
- Drizzle with Magic Shell--make sure you get a few stripes on the bowl to make it look fancy.
- Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes, or until the Magic Shell hardens. Serve.
Delicious! This is the way we always make strawberry shortcakes. I use sugar instead of Splenda and skip the chocolate syrup.
Loved it! I love strawberries but my husband does not, so this is a just right serving when I'm craving strawberry shortcake. (I used two Twinkies though!)
My grandkids loved this thanks for posting.