Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe comes from the back of a marshmallow package, I make this when I am short on time, it is very easy to prepare, and the results are delicious.(note: this can be made using a homemade white cake recipe)
Top Review by cookin mimi
WOW!! I found this recipe when I was looking for a way to use up some frozen strawberries so I made this for a casual dinner and everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. I did increase the marshmallows to a whole package and they gave the bottom of the cake a wonderful gooey texture. LOVE IT!! It was so good served still warm with whipped topping or ice cream!!!
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 (285 g) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 (85 g) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13-in baking pan.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows evenly over the bottom on baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine thawed strawberries and Jello gelatin; set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend cake mix with water, oil and eggs, (or whatever the cake mix calls for),beat for 2 mins, until moistened.
- Pour the cake batter over the marshmallows in the bottom of pan.
- Spoon the strawberry/gelatin mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake for 35-40 mins, or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely.
- Invert cake to a serving dish.
- Serve with whipping cream if desired.