Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is a slightly re-worked version of a Jell-O recipe. It makes good use of produce from my local strawberry grower!
- 1 quart fresh sliced strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- Heat strawberries, sugar, and Jell-O just enough to dissolve Jell-O, stirring constantly. Set aside and cool.
- Mix pudding and milk by directions on pudding box, but use ONLY the 3 cups of milk.
- Add sour cream; fold in 3/4 cup of Cool Whip.
- Layer in 13x9 dish by placing a layer of wafers, a layer of pudding mixture, and a layer of strawberry mixture. Repeat until all is used.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries & refrigerate for several hours before serving.