Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Super simple and elegant dessert that your friends will think came from a bakery.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water or 1 cup white wine or 1 cup champagne or 1 cup red semi sweet wine or 1 cup mix half-and-half
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 quart strawberry (more or less if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry gelatin
- 9 inches baked pie crusts
- whipped topping (optional)
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly for 1 min (until thickened).
- Stir in geletin until dissolved, remove from heat, let cool to room temperature.
- Arrange strawberries in pie crust, pour geletin mixture over strawberries.
- Cover and chill 2 hours until set.
- Serve pie with whipped topping if desired.
A delicious tart. I made a sweet short pastry for the base. I possibly didn't have quite enough strawberry gelatine in the sauce so it didn't fully set, but this didn't detract from the taste. Definitely worth making again and again and again when strawberries are in season. Made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap Oct 2013.
The chef kindly corrected her recipe, so I have adjusted the star rating to neutral until I get the chance to make this recipe and give it a fair review. I am unable to delete the review at this time.
`This was a very good and easy pie. My DH ate almost the whole pie by himself. I used 1lb of strawberries that I quarted for the pie and it was perfect. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2008