Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Super simple and elegant dessert that your friends will think came from a bakery.
Top Review by Kiwi Kathy
A delicious tart. I made a sweet short pastry for the base. I possibly didn't have quite enough strawberry gelatine in the sauce so it didn't fully set, but this didn't detract from the taste. Definitely worth making again and again and again when strawberries are in season. Made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap Oct 2013.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water or 1 cup white wine or 1 cup champagne or 1 cup red semi sweet wine or 1 cup mix half-and-half
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 quart strawberry (more or less if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry gelatin
- 9 inches baked pie crusts
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly for 1 min (until thickened).
- Stir in geletin until dissolved, remove from heat, let cool to room temperature.
- Arrange strawberries in pie crust, pour geletin mixture over strawberries.
- Cover and chill 2 hours until set.
- Serve pie with whipped topping if desired.