Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe almost 40 years ago from my aunt. It is so easy and good. Wonderfully cool and refreshing.
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice (I have used water and it was fine)
- 2⁄3 cup condensed milk, well chilled (small can)
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- In small saucepan combine jello,sugar and juice, or water if using. Heat to dissolve jello and sugar - do not boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Pour condenced milk (I use Pet milk) into a deep mixing bowl and whip with electric mixer till it will stand in peaks.It must be well chilled to whip. Fold in cooled jello mixture and pour into prepaired crust. Chill before cutting.
This is actually pretty good. I think the original recipe calls for evaporated milk though, not sweetened condensed milk like is listed in the ingredients. Can change things up by using different jello flavors. It's simple to make and my nephews favorite.