Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, rich, fast and yummy dessert. Your guests will never guess the crust layer is saltines! Pretty enough for company but easy enough for everyday! Time to make does not include refrigeration time- 4 hours Very yummy made with fresh strawberries from Mexico, Texas and California.
- 2 cups milk, cold
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed
- 36 saltine crackers
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- Mix pudding mix and milk-(skim or low fat is fine) and beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Fold in Cool Whip- can be low or non fat.
- Place 12 crackers in bottom of 8" square dish to cover bottom, break crackers if needed. Breaking also helps disguise the saltines.
- Top with 1/3 of the pudding mix.
- Repeat to create a total of three layers of crackers and three layers of pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving top with cleaned and sliced berries.
- Note: Vanilla and strawberries are my favorite combo but try with different types of fresh fruit using what is in season. Also try different pudding flavors keeping in mind that lighter colors disguise the saltines the best!
Sorry, we didn't like this.
Amazingly delicious, and disappeared so quickly! I did try it with cheesecake pudding, sugar free, and fat free whipped topping, and I couldn't believe it was so easy to create and so not-bad-for-me! Will have to make this again.