Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I whipped up this salad when I was making dinner for a date and it got rave reviews! Also works great as a main dish when you add grilled chicken.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 3⁄4 cup chow mein noodles
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Combine all in a large salad bowl and mix well to coat salad with dressing. Voila!
- Would be good with probably most viniagrettes but personally I make mine with Newman's Low-Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing! It really adds an asian twist and is relatively healthy.
I used equal part of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. It's delicious. Very refreshing for a hot day.
A very refreshing salad. I used the Wish Bone Asian spray-on salad dressing and it went very well with the ingredients. This is the first time I've tried strawberries on a green salad, and I liked it! Thanks for posting!