Prep 35 mins
Cook 4 mins
You'll never buy jam again after you taste this!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened strawberries
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package fruit pectin
- 1 cup water
- Thaw berries, purée in blender.
- Pour into large bowl.
- Add sugar, mix thoroughly.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- In small saucepan combine pectin and water.
- Bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute.
- Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir pectin into berries, stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour into covered containers.
- Let sit on counter for 12 hours, then put in fridge or freezer.
For some reason, mine didn't firm up. Instead of jam, I had strawberry topping. It was yummy topping.
I chose this recipe based on the reviews. I wanted strawberry preserves that I could use for other things and not just toast or biscuits. I wanted a softer outcome and this fit the bill perfectly!! I will be using this as topping for ice cream... drizzling over cakes and other desserts. It will come in handy when fresh strawberries arent in season. Thank you MizzNezz! (see sometimes "bad" reviews can be a good thing!!) :)