Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 10 ounces fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- Chill evaporated milk in refrigerator with beaters and bowl.
- Bring remaining ingredients to a rolling boil.
- Whip milk until thick.
- Fold in strawberry mixture.
- Pour into pie shell.
If you like Jello salad, this is for you - that's what it was like, and we don't like Jello salad. Also it was tricky to make, not easy. I whipped the milk for a good 15-20 minutes before it got at all thick, then put it in the fridge for only 10 minutes while I waited for the filling to cool - it fell flat and i had to whip all over again. Then, the berry mixture did not exactly fold in - it just flopped down in there. When I poured it into the pie shell it spilled all over; there's more filling than room in the pie plate. Eventually it set fine, but it just wasn't for us.