Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I modified this recipe to make an easy trifle for my cooking class. The results are fantastic!!! This is definitely the class favorite! Try making it with other seasonal fruits...it's great with fresh peaches!
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- 10 3⁄4 ounces frozen pound cake, thawed
- additional strawberry (to garnish)
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with sugar; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and orange juice until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip. Set aside.
- Cut pound cake into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Drain strawberries, reserving juice.
- Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 4 quart trifle dish or clear serving bowl.
- Top with a third of the cream cheese mixture and half of the strawberries.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with strawberries, cut into fans.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- (I've been impatient and served this almost immediately and it's still great!).
This is a wonderful trifle, enjoyed by all. Our little store didn't have frozen pound cake so I made from scratch using Recipe #63625 which worked out fine. I only had one pkg. of cream cheese so went with it and added another cup of Cool Whip. It still tasted rich and lovely. In fact, next time I will just use the one, save a few calories (although the cake did not save any!!). I am having a hard time not opening the fridge and digging into the leftovers. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Charmie. Made for ZWT - Xtra Hot Dishes.
Soooo good! I used real whipped cream because I don't really like Cool Whip. I also halved the recipe and used yogurt cream cheese.I wish I had taken a better pic, but my camera died on me. Thank you so much for sharing , we all loved it. Made for Swizzle Chicks and ZWT6.
Oh my gosh! I had everything on hand except I had to use chocolate cake. I made 2 mini trifles and my DH and I polished them off! Good stuff Charmie! Made by a fellow Looney Spoon Phoodie for ZWT#6.