I modified this recipe to make an easy trifle for my cooking class. The results are fantastic!!! This is definitely the class favorite! Try making it with other seasonal fruits...it's great with fresh peaches!
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with sugar; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and orange juice until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip. Set aside.
- Cut pound cake into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Drain strawberries, reserving juice.
- Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 4 quart trifle dish or clear serving bowl.
- Top with a third of the cream cheese mixture and half of the strawberries.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with strawberries, cut into fans.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- (I've been impatient and served this almost immediately and it's still great!).