Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in my Betty Crocker cookbook... I haven't tried it yet, but it looks great for a little girls birthday party! If strawberry soda pop is hard to find, I'm pretty sure you could substitute the pop for carbonated water and strawberry flavoring... Not sure though! Oh- no matter what the box says... Don't use water in this recipe... you sub soda pop for the water, and that's what makes it special!
- 18 ounces white cake mix (preferably Betty Crocker)
- 1 1⁄4 cups strawberry soda
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (for cake mix)
- 3 egg whites (for cake mix)
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 12 ounces cream cheese frosting
- 24 strawberries
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Place 24 baking cups in a muffin pan.
- Make cake mix as directed, substituting the soda pop for water.
- Bake for time on box.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir 1 drop of food coloring into frosting.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Garnish with Strawberries.