Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful side dish for chicken and turkey dinner we like to drizzle some gravy over the stuffing --- you can also make this using turkey flavor stuffing and use turkey broth or chicken broth. Feel free to add in any other cooked meat or veggies that you desire, I most always add in chopped jalapeno peppers as my family likes spicy! :)
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 -2 cup canned mushroom slices, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth (homemade or store bought)
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned corn niblets, drained (I just use one whole can)
- 2 (120 g) boxesstove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In an extra large fry pan or Dutch oven melt butter and sauté the onions, garlic, celery, and green pepper until soft (about 5-6 minutes).
- Slowly add in the chicken broth, mushrooms (if using) and corn niblets; cover and simmer for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in black pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and add in the two boxes of chicken stuffing mix, and toss with a wooden spoon until the bread crumbs have absorbed the broth.
- Cover with a lid and let stand for 10 minutes.
- If you find it too dry just add in more broth.
- Fluff with a spoon or fork.
- Season with salt if needed and serve.