Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful side dish for chicken and turkey dinner we like to drizzle some gravy over the stuffing --- you can also make this using turkey flavor stuffing and use turkey broth or chicken broth. Feel free to add in any other cooked meat or veggies that you desire, I most always add in chopped jalapeno peppers as my family likes spicy! :)
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 -2 cup canned mushroom slices, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth (homemade or store bought)
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned corn niblets, drained (I just use one whole can)
- 2 (120 g) boxesstove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
- In an extra large fry pan or Dutch oven melt butter and sauté the onions, garlic, celery, and green pepper until soft (about 5-6 minutes).
- Slowly add in the chicken broth, mushrooms (if using) and corn niblets; cover and simmer for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in black pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and add in the two boxes of chicken stuffing mix, and toss with a wooden spoon until the bread crumbs have absorbed the broth.
- Cover with a lid and let stand for 10 minutes.
- If you find it too dry just add in more broth.
- Fluff with a spoon or fork.
- Season with salt if needed and serve.
We so enjoyed this recipe! We did not add the corn however and still it was very tasty. Very moist, too! Thank you for posting this one. It is a keeper!
kittencal-- This was a great "recipe" easy and quick to put together just the thing I was looking for today