This is a wonderful side dish for chicken and turkey dinner we like to drizzle some gravy over the stuffing --- you can also make this using turkey flavor stuffing and use turkey broth or chicken broth. Feel free to add in any other cooked meat or veggies that you desire, I most always add in chopped jalapeno peppers as my family likes spicy! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 -2 cup canned mushroom slices, drained
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth (homemade or store bought)
- 1 1/2 cups canned corn niblets, drained (I just use one whole can)
- 2 (120 g) boxes stove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
- 1In an extra large fry pan or Dutch oven melt butter and sauté the onions, garlic, celery, and green pepper until soft (about 5-6 minutes).
- 2Slowly add in the chicken broth, mushrooms (if using) and corn niblets; cover and simmer for about 5-6 minutes.
- 3Add in black pepper to taste.
- 4Remove from heat and add in the two boxes of chicken stuffing mix, and toss with a wooden spoon until the bread crumbs have absorbed the broth.
- 5Cover with a lid and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 6If you find it too dry just add in more broth.
- 7Fluff with a spoon or fork.
- 8Season with salt if needed and serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Stove Top Stuffing Saute
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 1800.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 13.3 g