1/1 Photo of Easy Stove Top Macaroni & Cheese for One or Two
This is one of my favorite week night dinners. I usually eat the whole thing myself since I live on my own, but it could be shared as a side dish. This recipe is easy to change up by substituting a different cheese or vegetable, or using different shapes of pasta (or filled pasta, such as tortellini). Try an Italian blend with Parmesan for an easy Alfredo. I also like to sprinkle on some bacon bits at the end before putting it in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start a small saucepan of water to boil on the stove.
- 2In a second small saucepan, combine oil (or butter), cheese and half n' half. Add cayenne pepper to the mix now, if using. Cover and set the burner temperature to a low heat. I use heat level 2 or 3 out of 10 on my electric stove. Err on the side of too low if you're making this dish for the first time.
- 3When the pan of water comes to a boil, add the pasta and vegetables and cook according to the pasta package directions for al dente, probably around 10 minutes.
- 4Check on the cheese a couple times during the ten minutes and stir. If cheese is not melted by the time the pasta is done and drained, increase burner temperature and let the cheese melt while stirring constantly. When cheese is well melted into a sauce, remove the pan from the heat.
- 5Stir the pasta and vegetables into the sauce. You can eat it now, or put it on an oven-safe dish and bake at 350-400 degrees for about 10 minutes until the top is crispy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Stove Top Macaroni & Cheese for One or Two
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1302.4
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.3 g
- Saturated Fat 34.6 g
- Cholesterol 163.4 mg
- Sodium 772.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 52.6 g