Recipe by Winnipeg *Mel*
A basic stir fry sauce that I've been using for years. I got the recipe from my mother, but I don't know where she got it from. I make no claim to authenticity.
Top Review by mosma
This was very good, but I thought it was a bit too sweet. I would definitely lessen the brown sugar. I added crushed red pepper and black pepper, and served it with chicken, broccoli, and linguine.
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (or a bit of fresh minced ginger)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce or 1⁄2 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth or 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (I use chicken broth if my stir fry will have chicken, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass jar with a lid.
- Screw lid on.
- Shake well.
- Can store in fridge up to 2 weeks.
- Shake well before using.
- To use sauce: stir fry your vegetables and meat as desired, add appropriate amount of sauce, bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.