Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe that I made frequently on days that I had off from school and/ or work. I used it because it was quick and easy to prepare, cook, and enjoy. If prepared right, it is also good for people trying to watch their weight. I know it was for me. I came up with it just by finding what i had in my freezer and throwing it all together... The cooking time says 10 minutes, but i think it should take less than that. It should take in between 5 and 10 minutes. And for the vegetables, you can get single bags of frozen vegetables (I used broccoli stir-fry) in a grocery store near you.
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken (approximately 1 to 1 1/2 chicken thigh)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt (I didn't use salt and it tasted great) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, makes another great dish just add to this dish and fry for 1 to 2 more minutes to ensure the flavor
- Cut, cube, or slice chicken, while still frozen ( which was easier for me).
- In a large frying pan heat olive oil on high for 1 minute (or until hot)
- Add vegetables to pan, let fry, stiring occasionally to keep from burning.
- Add chicken to pan
- If you choose to add salt add now. If not then don't.
- Stir all ingredients frequently to keep them from sticking.
- Stir-Fry until chicken is cooked and vegetables are cooked crisp.