1/3 Photos of Easy Sticky Toffee, Apple and Cognac Pudding
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
French Tart's Note:
A decadant and very easy "All-In-One" sticky toffee pudding - just put all the ingredients into your food processor and whizz it all up together! This is a lovely lighter version of the traditional & very rich sticky toffee pudding - but is still gooey & very sinful! If you cannot get hold of Golden Syrup, use Maple Syrup or Honey instead - it will be a different flavour but still very yummy! Turn out to serve & it is delicious with vanilla ice cream, creme fraiche or chantilly cream. This makes a great "Alternative Christmas Pudding" for those who are not keen on the Traditional Pud! Bring to the table and flambe with cognac!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g stoned dates
- 100 g shelled walnuts or 100 g shelled pecans
- 2 dessert apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 4 tablespoons cognac
- 100 g butter, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 140 g soft brown sugar
- 170 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1Heat oven to 160C or 320°F.
- 2Whizz up the dates in a food processor until chopped up a little and then add the walnuts or pecans, apple, golden syrup & cognac. Pulse a few times until coarsely chopped & mixed together, but still chunky.
- 3Add the butter, eggs & sugar & pulse a few times to combine.
- 4Finally, add the flour & bicarbonate of soda & keep pulsing until everything comes together & is mixed well.
- 5Butter a 1.5 litre pudding basin & tip in all the mixture.
- 6Smooth and level the top & bake in the pre-heated oven for 1 hr 20 mins or 1 hr 30 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out almost clean.
- 7While the pudding is baking, make the toffee sauce; tip the sugar into a saucepan and add the butter & the cream. Bring to a rapid boil & then simmer until the sugar is dissolved & the mixture has thickened & is caramel in colour.
- 8To serve, turn out the pudding and place the walnuts or pecans over the top of the pudding & pour over the toffee sauce; place pudding under a grill and cook until the sauce is bubbling.
- 9Serve with Ice Cream, Creme fraiche or Chantilly Cream.
- 11Make the pudding ahead of time and freeze in the pudding container for up to 1 month. To reheat, defrost & cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes on medium.Make the toffee sauce and serve as before.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Sticky Toffee, Apple and Cognac Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.6
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 121.7 mg
- Sodium 614.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 61.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g