Recipe by GRANNYLKM
This is a easy & perfect sticky rice. I've made it several times & have not had a failure yet. It comes from stephskitchen.com (a great recipe site). I cannot enter that you can use either short or medium grain rice, either one is okay. Do not use long grain.
Top Review by kaneohe4me_10074913
Here, in Hawaii, sticky rice is served with all meals. We all have rice cookers. Using rice measuring cup, or 2/3 C, measure rice and put in pot. Cover with water and let set for 20 mins. Rinse well X 3. Using same measurement cup, add equal amounts water and then top with about 1/4 C more water. Put pot into rice cooker and steam until done. Always use medium grain rice. For a normal family serving use about 3 C rice and 3 1/4 C water. The only topping used, if any, is nori (dried seaweed mix).
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash rice several times (until the water is clear).
- Let soak for a few minutes in colander.
- Put rice in pan with tight fitting lid and add the water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and quickly stretch clean tea towel over the pot, cover with lid.
- Let sit off heat for another 15 minutes.