Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
This recipe uses frozen bread dough which makes it a simple fix for weekend breakfast or brunch.
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out each loaf of bread dough into a 10" square.
- Spread with butter to within 1/2" of bread dough edges.
- Combine sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over buttered doughs.
- Roll up jelly-roll style and pinch seams to seal.
- Cut each loaf into six even slices.
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter, water and molasses to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour sauce into a greased 9"x13" baking dish.
- Place rolls in molasses sauce.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, roughly 30 minutes.
- Gake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Cool in dish for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
- Best if served warm.