This recipe was featured on GMA this a.m. and will be great for Christmas morning. It is created by the Barefoot Contessa. She used raisins and pecans but, as my family does not like them in sticky buns, I have excluded them from the ingredients in order to get a more correct calorie and nutrient count. Defrosting time for the puff pastry is not included in cooking time. She says you can make this entirely the night before and cook in the morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a 12-cup standard muffin tin on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the 12 tablespoons butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Place 1 rounded tablespoon of the mixture in each of the 12 muffin cups. If you would like to use nuts, distribute the 1/2 cup chopped pecans evenly among the 12 muffin cups on top of the butter and sugar mixture.
- 3Lightly flour a wooden board or stone surface. Unfold one sheet of puff pastry with the folds going left to right. Brush the whole sheet with half of the melted butter. Leaving a 1-inch border on the puff pastry, sprinkle each sheet with 1/3 cup of the brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, and, if you like, 1/2 cup of raisins. Starting with the end nearest you, roll the pastry up snugly like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing the roll with the seam side down.
- 4Trim the ends of the roll about 1/2 inch and discard. Slice the roll in 6 equal pieces, each about 1 1/2 inches wide. Place each piece, spiral side up, in 6 of the muffin cups. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry to make 12 sticky buns.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes, until the sticky buns are golden to dark brown on top and firm to the touch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes only, invert the buns onto the parchment paper (ease the filling and pecans out onto the buns with a spoon), and cool completely.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Sticky Buns
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.5
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 110.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g