Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great over frozen yogurt or ice cream.
Make and share this Easy Stewed Rhubarb recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I only use 1/2 c. we like it very tart)
- 2 tablespoons water
- In large saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened and rhubarb is in threads.
- Let cool.
- Can be refrigerated up to 5 days.
The recipe couldn't be simpler and often simple is best. I have made rhubarb with strawberries, with lemon etc etc but this is my first rhubarb of the year so I want just rhubarb -MMm I used splenda instead of sugar and as you suggested Dancer I cut it back to half. I'll think of you at breakfast when I enjoy this with a toasted scone
I love this. Added some strawberries.