Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I grew up on this. I usually make 2 batches so it lasts. Great warm or cold. I don't have a formal steamer, so I just use my wok with a small support in the middle to hold up the cake pan.
- Put eggs and sugar into mixing bowl.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes until creamy.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Blend on low for 3-5 minutes until smooth.
- Line 9-inch cake pan with wax paper.
- Pour mixture into cake pan.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Steam for 15 minutes, knife should come out clean when inserted.
Very yummy! I've looked at other recipes but they all seem too eggy. The taste and consistency of this one is very good. I added 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp of salt to a second batch that i made so it would rise a little bit more.