Recipe by UW4Life
I grew up on this. I usually make 2 batches so it lasts. Great warm or cold. I don't have a formal steamer, so I just use my wok with a small support in the middle to hold up the cake pan.
Top Review by phiyen_le
Very yummy! I've looked at other recipes but they all seem too eggy. The taste and consistency of this one is very good. I added 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp of salt to a second batch that i made so it would rise a little bit more.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Put eggs and sugar into mixing bowl.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes until creamy.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Blend on low for 3-5 minutes until smooth.
- Line 9-inch cake pan with wax paper.
- Pour mixture into cake pan.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Steam for 15 minutes, knife should come out clean when inserted.