This is an easier albeit much less sophisticated adaptation of Hey Jude's Har Gow recipe (#109191). I wanted something I could make up in the kitchen in our apartment in town, which is tiny and not well equipped. For steaming, I used a rice cooker with a steamer basket.
- Boil some water to steam dumplings over.
- Combine first eight ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Prepare steamer -- line with lettuce or cabbage leaves or oil.
- Making one dumpling at a time:.
- Moisten wonton wrapper.
- Fill with 1 teaspoon of shrimp mixture.
- Wrap up by pulling corners up together and twisting a little.
- Place in steamer basket separate from other dumplings.
- When basket is filled, steam dumplings for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with a bit of soy sauce or your favourite dipping sauce.