Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a super simple recipe but it makes the most delicious broth. I love it! it started with a cook book recipe but I have evolved it a bit to fit my taste. Its now something I crave often. PLUS it only takes about 30 min. from start to finish and I have even done it in the crock pot so that I could run a few errands while it cooked and it turned out just as well !! Stew meat can be substituted for steak for less prep time.I like to use my dutch oven , so it is
- 1 lb beef steak
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can veg- all homestyle vegetables
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups French-fried onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cook beef in hot oil until browned, remove beef from pan and set aside.
- Heat drippings, broth, 2/3 cup of french fried onions, tomato sauce, and Veg-all. Return beef to pot.
- Heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables are fork tender.
- Spoon into a bowl, and garnish with remaining french fried onions.