Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe that I copied down from a magazine in a Dentist's office waiting room a few years ago. I'm afraid I don't remember the name of the magazine, but the recipe is yummy! (times do not include marination time)
- Pour wine into a large plastic zip-top bag and add smashed garlic cloves.
- Place steaks into bag, seal and "knead" bag to cover steaks all over in wine.
- Place in fridge to marinate (at least one hour).
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop black and green olives.
- Place olives in a medium-sized bowl; stir in chopped tomato and capers with liquid.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Place olive mixture in fridge until needed.
- When ready to cook, season steaks with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add steaks and cook 2-5 minutes per side for desired doneness (rare to medium).
- Place steaks on a serving platter and top each with equal portions of the olive mixture.
Next time I'll use a more tender cut of beef and see if I like it better. Dh really liked the olive mixture.
Just loved the topping! I did rinse the capers. Thanks!