Recipe by mama smurf
A classic meat pie recipe that is really easy and fast to put together. Found the recipe in Taste of Home magazine and made some changes for DH and I.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stew vegetables (I have used fresh cut carrots, potatoes, celery & onion partially cooked)
- 2 tablespoons water (have used red wine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mushroom gravy
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown beef in butter.
- Remove beef; season with pepper and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the vegetables, garlic, water and thyme. Stir in the gravy. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until the vegetables are thawed.
- Stir in beef; remove from the heat.
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles. Starting at the wide end roll up a third of the length and place over beef mixture with the pointed ends toward the center.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.