Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Turn your kitchen into a bistro when you serve this simple, yet elegant beef dish.
Make and share this Easy Steak Diane recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb beef tender steak, about 3/4 inch thick each
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces small mushrooms, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or 2 tablespoons onions
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet; set aside. Wipe skillet out with paper towels.
- Press lemon pepper evenly onto beef medallions. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Place 1/2 of beef in skillet; cook about 5 to 7 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef.
- Add brandy to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Stir in cream and Worcestershire sauce. Add mushroom mixture; cook and stir until sauce is slightly thickened. Add beef; stir to coat with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley, as desired.