Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 4 steak fillets
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g butter
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Lay each steak between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and flatten with a rolling pin, until about 1 1/2 cm thick.
- Remove from plastic and spread the garlic over both sides of each steak and grind over the pepper.
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan, cook the steaks over high heat for 1 minute to seal each side, turning only once.
- Cook a further 1-4 minutes on each side (depending how you like your steak cooked) Remove from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining butter in the pan; add the onions and cook 1 minute, add mustard, worcestershire sauce and brandy.
- Stir to dislodge any crusty bits from base of pan.
- Stir in the cream; simmer for about 3 minutes, or until slightly reduced, stir in parsley.
- Return steaks to pan until just heated through.
- Serve immediately with the sauce.
We had this for the Recipezaar only day. I'm so glad I picked this one. It's wonderful. Very easy to make. I fixed the steak med. rare ( 2 min. on each side ). I didn't have brandy so I used sweet sherry, and it was great!!
this is a good cheap and easy to prepare recipe...thanks Eve
I had printed this recipe out when it first came up, and only tried it today .. I only wish I had made it sooner!! It was great, and so easy to make!! thank you eve :)