Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Moist and tender. Great with mashed potatoes and salad.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper.
- Pound into steak (you'll have some left).
- Cut steak into 6 pieces.
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven.
- Brown steaks on both sides.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add flour left from pounding, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add water, stirring until smooth.
- Return steaks, and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours stirring occasionally.
- If you like you can add a browning sauce (Kitchen Bouquet) for more color.