Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and very easy to make. Who says eggroll fillings have to be one way? This recipe is quite tasty. Also check out my "real" Chicken and Cheese eggroll.
- 3-4 slice Steak-ums
- 59.14 ml sliced onion
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml milk
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
- egg roll wrap
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- In a frying pan, cook the steak-umm and onion in two tablesspoons of vegetable oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, chop up the steak and onion. Set aside in bowl.
- Whisk together the milk and egg to form an egg-wash.
- Brush the edges of the wrapper with the egg-wash.
- Place two spoonfuls of the steak and onion in the center of the wrapper.
- Generously sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold according to directions. Set aside. Fill and fold the other wrappers.
- Deep fry for 2 1/2 minutes. (Trick: Turnover every 30 seconds to keep eggroll from getting top heavy with oil.).
My Husband and I loved this recipe. He cooked the steak and I rolled them up. It was a lot of fun. Crunchy and delicious !! Thank you for the recipe.
This is a nice easy appetizer, one that I think would be great for game day or freezing ahead and warming up in the oven. I served mine with mayo stirred up with a spoonful of ground horseradish. Next time I may try adding some chopped mushrooms or some bell pepper for the veggies I like on my Philly cheese steak sandwiches. I think they would be great in these. Thanks for sharing! ~Sue
Theses are great. Husband gets bored with sandwiches. So I made these for his lunch, along with horseradish cream dipping sauce. While everyone else munched on their sandwiches he sat there going mmmm, mmmmmmmm. Now their wives are calling for the recipe. Thanks for sharing.