Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
:Tasty, easy to prepare-no cooking. From Israel.
- 1 cup tinned chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium firm tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 8 olives
- 2 pita bread
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- blend first 6 ingredients in blender-put into bowl-add salt & pepper to taste.
- Slice tomatoes and peppers into rounds(the pepper rounds shouild be bigger than the tomatoes.
- Place peppers around outside of flat plate and tomato rounds inside peppers.
- Cut olives in half and put one half in centre of tomatoes.
- Put Humous mixture in middle of plate-drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika& parsley.
- Serve with toasted pita cut into quarters.
YUM! And pretty! I do love this and never get tired of it. I did used double the garlic and added extra oil to help blend it. I served it in a gren pepper that I cut the bottom to balance when filled. Thanks!
DH is my rater on this recipe. I'm new to hummus, so I defer to him on hummus-type recipes. He liked this a lot...especially that it is served with the peppers & tomatoes. He really liked that addition. I especially like how quick and easy to prepare. He came home in the afternoon and requested hummus with dinner....so wa-la....in no time at all I had it on the table.