Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I always make Spritz (you know...that cookie press thing you got at your wedding shower 20 years ago that is still collecting dust? That's what you use to make Spritz.) at Christmas time or for parties because they're sooo easy to make and they look like they came from a bakery; place them on a tray with other shapes and various colors of sugar sprinkles. You've spent almost no money for an expensive-looking tray of treats!
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package sugar cookie mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- colored sugar sprinkle or colored sprinkles, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, flour and almond extract until soft dough forms. Fit cookie press with desired template. Fill cookie press with cookie dough; press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets. Decorate as desired using colored sugars and sprinkles.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.