Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy recipe for delicious Viet Namese/Thai style spring rolls. Light, healthy, a great summer meal but equally good all year long! This recipe is based on a Better Homes & Gardens recipe from the early 90s.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 8 9 inch round rice paper sheets
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- green onion (optional)
- FOR DIPPING SAUCE.
- Stir together soy sauce, vinegar,sesame oil and sesame seed in a small bowl and set aside.
- FOR FILLING.
- Combine slaw mix, tofu and nuts.
- Add sweet and sour sauce, toss to coat, and set aside.
- TO PREPARE.
- Dip rice papers in a bowl of warm water and drain off excess.
- Place between damp kitchen towels until ready to fill. One at a time works best!
- In the center of a rice paper place a cilantro leaf and/or a thin shred of green onion.
- Top with about 1/2 cup of the filling.
- Fold one edge over the filling, fold in sides, and roll up.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
Tasted great. I would use a peanut-based sauce and would use chicken instead of tofu the next time.
We loved it! Thanks--