1/1 Photo of Easy Sponge Cake
A very easy to prepare sponge cake recipe that I've been baking for 20+ years. A favourite with everyone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- 2Grease and flour two round 20 cm (8") cake tins using 1 teaspoon castor sugar and 1 teaspoon flour mixed together.
- 3Sift dry ingredients together 3 times.
- 4Separate egg whites from yolks carefully making sure no yolk is mixed into the white.
- 5Beat whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
- 6Gradually add sugar and yolks one at a time. Add vanilla.
- 7Gently fold in the dry ingredients until just barely mixed through.
- 8Pour evenly into the 2 tins.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 10Turn out to cool on racks immediately.
- 11When cool, sandwich with jam and whipped cream. Ice and decorate top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.6
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 115.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: